Hack my computer through Team Viewer

Thanh156
Contributor
Contributor
Someone remotely controlled my PC and performed purchases without my knowledge yesterday (28/07/2021), I was not using that PC at that time.

From the Chrome history, the attacker first tried to buy gift cards from Amazon and got that account locked after some transactions. That person continued to go to 'eBlueJay', created a fake account and linking it with my Paypal account (with credentials on my PC). The attacker then successfully made a 3600 USD transaction via Paypal. During both, that person was going to my Gmail and applied settings so that I won't see the notification emails.

I filed a claim of unauthorized transaction but it was denied, the case was closed. I tried to appeal but NO appeal Button showed as described. I posted here in hope that someone can provide me some advice what to do or any email address to send to.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thanh156 

Sadly if it was your computer IP address or mistake that caused you to be hacked then that was your responsibility and you would not be covered by paypal.

Best go read up on their policy for unauthorised transactions?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.