Fraudulent use of my dad account

xtohk
New Community Member

Hi, i am trying to help my dad resolve an issue. His email was hacked through fishing and the user have accessed his paypal account and changed all accesses. They are now using it for fishing and sent me (and other people) request for "family & friends" payment. I have denied a couple of times but some of my dad friends have not had common sense to ask before or declining. There is not much I can do to help them but I am trying to find a way to request paypal to block the email on their system or mark it as fraudulent. My dad won't use this email anymore anyway. 

Any help or advice on how to reach out to Paypal or action something would be fab. Every advices from the FAQ are leading to login in which obviously he can't do anymore. Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xtohk 

Talk to your email provider to have the account blocked and/or contact paypal customer services and report fraudulent activity.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.