HELP! Can not do "proof of address"

jeihappy
Contributor
Contributor

After years of using Paypal, suddenly they are asking me for proof of address.

I have already submitted my passport and they accepted, I could send other ID proof if they game me an option,

but there is no way, I could prove my address, since I have been travelling around and staying in airbnbs for like a year.

I also dont have access to online banking in my country, I basically use paypal and gcash for everything.

I am worried to receive another payment from abroad, and get my account restricted.

Any ideas to solve this? should I make a new paypal? *the companies that pay me ONLY use paypal.

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jeihappy 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.
You shouldn't be using your country specific paypal account internationally.

If you do then you may have to jump through hoops to prove its you and not a scammer that has hacked it and using it internationally. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jeihappy
Contributor
Contributor
I know that, I opened it in the Philippines because I use it here, and I’m here often. Your comment is not helpful with my issue. I’m looking for a solution.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jeihappy 

Maybe if i highlight the relevant part of my post it would help you to understand this simple concept?

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

If paypal require proof of address that means they want proof of address linked to the country your account is registered in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.