Got scammed - paypal declined my claim

xo94
Contributor
Contributor

I am so disappointed in paypal and will probably not use it ever again after this incident.

I have signed up for a 4 weeks course with a website that looked legit, had a lot of reviews both on facebook and trustpilot, and got scammed by them.

They have taken MULTIPLE small charges from my account, and then charged me £19.99 twice for NOTHING, I didn't buy anything, didn't click on anything, absolutely nothing! So I have opened a claim in resolution centre, just for paypal to decline my claim and not even contact me to help whatsoever, even though there is plenty of reviews that came up online in the past few days, that the company is a scam.

They do not reply to emails, messages, phone number is not valid.

What am I supposed to do if paypal refuses to help me? so so disappointed.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

ejgerr28
Contributor
Contributor
i also got scammed from fasigal. the vendor lied and told paypal they sent all items. they sent me an email tha they credited my acct. i dont understand how paypal works, i just dont get it. i am also going to cx if paypal doesn't reconsider. they said they have proof but didn't providebit to me!! i am SO angry.
Login to Me Too

xo94
Contributor
Contributor

that is absolutely disguisting, don't use paypal people!

I have screenshorts of the website and everything, and paypal company declines helping me, it's beyond my words.

I have spoken to me friend and he told me the same thing, that he got scammed once and paypal denied his claims and refused to help him.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ejgerr28 

If you opened a dispute for 'items not received' then if the seller can provide trackable proof of delivery to you then they would win.

If you had opened a dispute for 'item received but not as described' ie insufficient quantity or not everything you ordered then you should have won, so which did you open?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ejgerr28
Contributor
Contributor
it started out as items not rec'd, then i rec'd 1 item ( i ordered 5) which was inferior quality, which i let paypal know! so basically, reading all the posts, seems like we're all **bleep**?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ejgerr28 

Did you actually ask paypal to change your dispute from non receipt TO not as described at any point before the non receipt dispute closed?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ejgerr28
Contributor
Contributor
no, not really, just told them i only rec'd 1 item. can i open it back up? according to paypal there's proof all irems were delivered, thats absolutely not true!! do i have any alternatives? i have the emails from the co. proving they are lying?
Login to Me Too

xo94
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried to open a claim that the item was not received but paypal declined my claim anyway because the company has sent me something that I'VE NEVER PURCHASED!!! I don't know what to do anymore can someone please help me I am desperate...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xo94 

Check if you had a subscription set up...

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

xo94
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it was a free monthly subscription, both payments though are called ''module toolkit'' and ''certificate purchase'' I haven't clicked on anything like that and the payments came out of nowhere! I tried asking my bank for help but they told me I need to speak with paypal, I will never ever use paypal again after this incident, I am down £40 now because someone is scamming others during pandemic while people are vurnerable and out of money, I can't believe that paypal refuses to help in those situations it only speaks the truth about the company itself.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.