Get money back?

emil172k
New Community Member
Hello, I’ve been talking with the seller of one of the things that I’ve bought - the seller agreed to give me a refund, but says I have to send the item back first. Now, if the seller gets back the stuff (a necklace), and won’t pay me back, can PayPal still help me?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emil172k 

If you file for item received but not as described and win (not guaranteed) and paypal tell you to send the item back then you would have to send it back with tracking to prove delivery back to the seller, then if the seller did not refund paypal would under their buyer protection scheme (again only if you won the dispute).

So make sure if you do NOT go through the dispute process that you send it back with tracking in case the seller does not refund and you have to open a dispute with paypal.

If the item was 'as described' just you changed your mind then you may just have to trust the goodwill of the seller in refunding you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emil172k 

If you file for item received but not as described and win (not guaranteed) and paypal tell you to send the item back then you would have to send it back with tracking to prove delivery back to the seller, then if the seller did not refund paypal would under their buyer protection scheme (again only if you won the dispute).

So make sure if you do NOT go through the dispute process that you send it back with tracking in case the seller does not refund and you have to open a dispute with paypal.

If the item was 'as described' just you changed your mind then you may just have to trust the goodwill of the seller in refunding you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.