GOGOBUY scam

TangoDJ
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal community and officers, I would like to let you know that by some of Resolution center decisions PayPal helps the FRAUD companies make their business in the area of deception of customers. There is no need to describe my case, and now I just would like to describe the scammer scheme which is used by such companies like GOGOBUY (or whatever their names).

1. They launch the “New Product Sale” commercial throughout Facebook (or maybe something else).
  2. “You” buy it ($35 merchandise in my case) covering shipping from China ($5 in my case), for instance, using PayPal account, thinking if it is fraud your transaction would be protected.
  3. After a month or longer “You” get the package with chipper merchandise you never order. You think it is a mistake and contact the company.
  4. The company sends you standard text:

Dear Customer

We are so sorry to hear that. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused. Don’t worry, we will try our best to solve this out for you.

To save time and effort of customers and us. We would like to offer you a $12 refund for the compensation.

Due to the cost of returning postage, which is not worth it to return it back to us. Before you make your final decision, you may check with your local post office for the postage that cost.

For any other inquiries,

Please feel free to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Customer Service

1. In my case, I went to the PayPal resolution center and asked for a full refund. PayPal aggreged for a full refund if I send merchandise by my expenses and provide the tracking number.
  2. Shipping expenses from the USA to China with tracking the package will start from $55 (USPS)!!!!
  3. “You” don’t send merchandise, PayPal closes the case, you don’t get any refund and end up having stuff “you” never ordered and don’t need.
  4. FRAUD company makes a profit selling chip and unneeded items instead of the item they advertise. PayPal helps them to make their business asking customers to send wrong merchandise by customer expenses.

You can make sure that this is not only my case but established system going for example to trustpilot.com and search company by physical address: <removed>

In the PayPal community, 127 people have this problem.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

RLC1973

I kept the shipping package just in case and this is the information that was on the shipping package from California - not China.

California address on my product shipping label? for this GOGObuy website.

Vicky-LAX

<removed>

South El Monte, CA <removed>.

IF this is an incorrect address...is this not mail fraud??

I am sending the product BACK to California from where they shipped to me - NOT CHINA!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.