Fraudulent transactions w/ Paypal Stockx

mikamonte1989
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Guys.

So I created a Paypal account last week just to communicate with Paypal regarding our problem.

I am here in behalf of my Aunt, who's a senior citizen already. There were several transactions made with Paypal Stockx amounting to 57,000 using her credit card. the transactions were unauthorized/fraudulent since my Aunt is not a computer literate and not fond of online transactions. We coordinate with to the bank but unfortunately it was past chargeback already on their end. My Aunt was not able to file it on time given on her age, and busy schedule.

However, we were advised by the bank that if we would be able to coordinate with the merchant and secure a credit memo, there's a possibility that it would be reversed. I've been constantly coordinating with Paypal about this but the solution that they're giving me is a self-service dispute wherein I have to go at the resolution center. Those fraudulent transactions were used by someone using a diff paypal account which used my aunt's card which is compromised. 

How are we going to deal about this? I'm also having a hard time to call Paypal international hotline. 

Please help us 😞 it was a big amount of money.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Torfinn
Contributor
Contributor
Hi ! My father have the same problem as your Aunt. Several transaction appeard in Paypal with reg. Stockx. None of which has been authorized by him. Disputes have been closed by paypal which I find extremly unsatisfying / unprofessional.
Login to Me Too

FabioMix
Contributor
Contributor
Same here in Italy. Just few days after I linked my credit card with PayPal account, my bank blocked my card for unauthorized transactions on stockx.com This is very alarming. PayPal leak?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.