Fraud charge

DropDown
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I woke up this morning to a charge of almost $200 USD. The charge went through at a little after 5 AM. Considering I was asleep at this time, someone hacked my account. I have since changed my password and have sent a dispute and left a message with PayPal’s phone #. Please help me remove this charge as I have also been trying to contact the CC to block it from going through. If others have been victimized like I have then there needs to be changes done to PayPal’s security because it’s not protecting accounts like it should. The account that money was sent to is under the name Khoa Ha so I hope PayPal blocks this account, their IP and whatever else necessary to prevent them from doing this again.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DropDown

Did you click on the transaction and use the 'report a problem' link to report unauthorised?

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?

I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.