Fraud! Scam! PayPal doesn't care

johnny0486
Contributor
Contributor

Can i do anything?

PayPals response has been horrible!

I made a purchase with a company called Skara Mall and the following day my wife discovered online that Skara Mall was questioned to be a legitimate company. After my wife identified that I immediately called the number on Skrara Malls website only to find that the provided phone number is disconnected, the email doesn't exist and the address is a motel. The purchase shows Dinh  <removed> not Skara Mall

After discovering that the contact information was not in service I attempted to contact PayPal by phone but their phone services are closed indefiantly. I then contacted PayPal by their site and filed a claim (Purchase was made Saturday claim was made Sunday). This morning (Thursday) I was informed that the claim was denied because the “seller” provided a tracking number from UPS (I don’t know how Paypal contacted the Seller because they won’t tell me).

After the notification of denied claim I contacted UPS with the provided tracking only to find that the name and address associated with the tracking number was not mine and because of that UPS would not provide me much information. What I learned from UPS- the package was delivered yesterday (Wednesday) but not at my address, the name that was on the package was not even close to my name (UPS told me that). The package that was sent weighed 1.10lbs but the item that I thought I was buying weighed 30lbs. I went back and informed PayPal of the situation of what I found out. The “customer service center” told me that nothing can be done unless I have a picture of what was shipped (it wasn’t shipped to me so I have nothing to take a picture of) or provide them with the name and address on the shipment which I don’t have either because UPS will not give it to me.

This is a horrible response by PayPal! Beware their services are worthless and they don’t care!

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

szekelyc
Contributor
Contributor

A big wave of this happened back in December of 2019, I think the scammers have realized that Paypal and UPS have pretty much shut down their customer support with COVID-19.

I got scammed last week and Paypal has been no help. I have screenshots of a direct message conversation with UPS Customer Support on twitter where they checked the fake tracking number and said it was not to me or my address. That's the closest I've gotten to real customer service from either company.

When I contacted Paypal with the new evidence I got a form email saying they won't respond due to COVID-19.

I am absolutely livid. 

Login to Me Too

Moca82
Contributor
Contributor

I got my refund because I filed a claim with UPS. I provided ups with the package weight difference by googling the product on google and  screenshoting a photo of the item description's weight and a screenshot of the package weight Skaramall.com shipped and uploaded the photos to the UPS claim I filed, along with screen shot of original receipt sent to email. Also with a detailed message explaining to UPS their fraud of shipping packages to random addresses within your zipcode simply to provide Paypal with "proof of delivery". Once ups deems the package "Lost" you take a sceenshot of the claim status and upload it to Paypal under the messages and you'll get the refund. Do it! And google a state agency so that they will serve time in prison for fraud! Report them as I did! DON'T LET THEM WIN! To save you all some time feel free to copy and paste my message to UPS claim department to win the claim in order to provide Paypal with the proof they need: (I deleted my info, simply insert yours)

Create UPS account then Copy & Paste to UPS 'Claims' under the tracking number of your shipment on the UPS site: ("Fill in "   " with your info!) (Your Welcome! ;))

The shipper is running a fraudulent website. It has Paypal as a payment option because he/she knows PayPal only checks 'city/state/zip' in order to release payment to shipper. The shipper is running a fake website and is mailing out a worthless item to a random address within the 'actual' buyers zipcode, simply so that PayPal can have their "shipment confirmation" from UPS in order to receive payment for an item that was never actually shipped to the actual customer. So to sum up, I payed for a "$     "    "           " and the shipper is mailing out a worthless item, with little to no value, to another and person within my zipcode to collect payment from PayPal. Can you please email me a copy of the 'exact' shipping address you shipped this item to so that I can prove to PayPal of their fraudulent actions and receive my refund. Or simply deem the package "Lost" to satisfy Paypals refund requirements (Although clearly in actuality it was fraud). I researched this shipper thoroughly and discovered he/she has committed this fraud NUMEROUS times. I'm sure there were active cameras at the ups location where the package was shipped from. In order to expose this persons identity, simply match the timestamp from when package was shipped to the UPS facility's camera system. This person must be prosecuted for defrauding God knows how many people out their hard earned money. The fraud wasn't even smart enough to match the product weight("    " LBS) to the shipped package weight("    " LBS) . That alone exposed them! Please get back asap via phone preferably at "                " or via your method of convenience. Thank You! Please send me documentation that the tracking number was not for me as per Paypals instructions...or a document they referred to as "Intranet form" as proof that the package was not in fact delivered to my address at "                           ". (Because part of the shippers fraud is signing onto Paypals website or yours after purchase and EDITING the shipping details and or Tracking number to mislead Paypal to release payment) Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Jimsu
New Community Member

I had same issue.  PayPal does not protect your purchase please beware.  The tracking number my scammer sent over showed delivery a week beofre the order was even placed.  PayPal alledgedly investigated however said the transaction was legitament.  So obvious they don't investigate as long as there is any tracking number.

Login to Me Too

sogo23
New Community Member
I bought from Skara mall a composter. Thought it was a good deal until 10 days later there was no package. I tracked my order on their site and said it was completed. Yet I never received the package. So I emailed the site about my order and never got a response. I contacted PayPal and opened a case. Just a day or too after, the seller added a tracking with a package that got delivered to my address yet I never received it and the weight was considerably less. A composter is 13 pounds and on the tracking said 1 pound. Just from the tracking, PayPal denied my claim. They didn't thoroughly investigate the claim.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sogo23 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JCHG
Contributor
Contributor

I find it odd that you have very specific suggestions on how to appeal, but have no links to PayPal actually putting this in writing, and "don't work for PayPal". 

Login to Me Too

JCHG
Contributor
Contributor

Who says PayPal has no sense of humor?

---

No, I need more help

PayPal Virtual Agent

3:39 PM

I am sorry to hear that.

I can transfer this conversation to an agent. The estimated response time is a few hours.

Our customer service staffing is limited due to the coronavirus (covid-19) crisis. We've put together some useful information in the Help Center to quickly resolve your issue. I'll stay here while you take a look.

After I transfer the conversation, you can close the window and come back to it when it’s convenient for you. When we respond, we’ll send you a notification with a link to the Message Center where you can reply.

Would you like to transfer this conversation to an agent?

Login to Me Too

johnny0486
Contributor
Contributor

johnny0486
Contributor
Contributor

I am waiting for BoA to respond, hopefully they respond b‪etter then PayPal. FYI- After phishing around with UPS I found that the fake package from Skara Mall was sent from Mount Juliet TN by someone with the numbe[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]. I called the number and it went back to Brandon <removed>. He blocked my number after my call. I can't help but repeat myself and say PayPal are worthless and are to blame for the fraud that has taken place. I am done with them and I will blast them every chance I get. Pigs!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.