Flights Cancelled Weeks in Advance, due to COVID-19, Dispute over Paypal Denied?

John_Duncan
Contributor
Contributor

I'm really confused and somewhat angry at the moment.  I started a Paypal dispute with Thai Airways due to the cancellation of my flights.  These were cancelled weeks in advance of the flight dates.  I had no replies from Thai Airways after many, many E-Mails an so decided to lodge a complaint / Dispute with Paypal.  Now after again, weeks of waiting and providing proof of the cancelled flights (cancelled by Thai Airways themselves) I receive an E-Mail from Paypal denying my refund on the grounds...wait for it..."our records show that the item or service associated with this transaction was delivered to you." ?!?!?  What was delivered, where and to whom?

Thai Airways did not even respond to Paypal in the time provided through the running dispute.  According the the EC guidelines  (EC 261) to be exact, I am entitled to a refund.  Which I mentioned in all correspondence with Thai Airways and also Paypal.

What is Paypal playing at here?  This is my money for a service that did not take place?!?!  How can I dispute or escalate this?

Don't forget, it's not just the airlines that have had a rough ride due to the pandemic..but also the customers like me, that could do with having their money back.  Through ZERO fault of mine, I am now still without my money and no Service to show for it!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.