First PayPal Problem

KatieBeck
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - I have been using PayPal successfully for years.  This is the first time I have been stumped.  I got a notice from PayPal Fraud Detection about a questionable charge.  It came in at 1:13 am my time.  At 5:21 am I replied that it was not an authorized charge.  I logged into PayPal to change my password as recommended and notice there was a 2nd charge from the same vendor.  I disputed this charge as well.  I was floored when PayPal came back and said it was an authentic charge that fit within my purchasing patterns and therefore they would not reverse the charges!  They said to contact the seller.  Since I didn't make the purchase in the first place I can't very well do that!  This is literally the info under purchase details:

Purchase details

#$%#
$989.00

I cannot locate a number to speak with a person at PayPal.  I have tried Messaging but have not gotten a response.  Has anyone else had a similar situation?  If so, how did you get it resolved? 

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

alternative123
Contributor
Contributor

Everyone needs to tweet PayPal @PayPal and @AskPaypal, tag their CEO @DAN_Schulman, tag the FTC: @FTC and BBB: @bbb include the hashtag #PYPL #dishonest #fraud, and tag the Twitter account for the mailing service that the fake tracking ID is from USPS: @usps   UPS: @ups   FEDEX: @Fedex DHL: @DHLUS 

In that tweet people need to call out that PayPal is dishonest and helps fraudulent sellers and are too lazy to validate tracking IDs.

They are more protective of their social media presence and image than their customers. PayPal is a bad company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.