Fender Custom shop 56 strat

T-bonewolk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Have just signed up, and would like to ask some advice on some **bleep**, who bought a perfectly good guitar through ebay. The Irony of the story is this (I'll stick with **bleep**), bought a guitar he once owned and sold to me! I decided to sell my gear as I don't play anymore - and on receiving and recognizing the guitar, decided he didn't want it.

**bleep** proceeded to make false allegations regarding this instrument, and decided to abuse the  'money back guarantee'...

It then went to Paypal, he scaled it up to a claim, and returned the guitar in a sabotaged state.

I then sent all the proof needed, making it an obvious (black & white) decision! And it went against me, and they released the money back to **bleep**.

Now I'm stuck with a sabotaged, devalued instrument, and up 'you know where' without a paddle!

I would welcome any constructive feedback on such an incident If you've experienced something similar.

Best

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Gregg4
Contributor
Contributor

T Bone,

Man I am sickened to hear of your story. It is a shame you live in the UK. I am an experienced luthier, and I would fix that puppy for free, just to spite Bleep. Do you have any original bill of sale that has the serial numbers on it? I would guess that Bleep scraped off the numbers, but unless he was an expert, he would not have removed the neck and gotten those numbers. You have the photos of your original listing, and the photos of the instrument now, if you can prove it is the same, and that you obtained the instrument legally, with the serial numbers intact, you should be able to win an appeal.

If however, if you bought it online or at a pawn shop, and cannot prove the guitar was not hot when you bought it, you are Bleeped!

You might want to try to track the guitar from Fender. They should know what store it went to, and who registered it after the sale.

It's a long road, but it might be your only chance at proof.

One more thing, if you are going to sell a guitar on Ebay, be sure you know its history, and accept NO returns.

Good luck.

Gregg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.