False advertising product and refund issues

guilhermeosk
Contributor
Contributor

i bought a super cool mask online but item received was horrible different. i went to resolution center and nothing was done. today i escalated the case and the seller will refund me but they want me to ship the item back at my expense! i find it ridiculous that i have to spend money to return an item from a false advertising. paypal want me to ship it back by Oct 22nd so now i dont know what to do. item came from china and shipping will probably be expensive.

Anyways, is there a way to ask the company to provide a shipping label or is this how things are done? ( fisrt time returning an item trough paypal so i dont know the procedure.

please send help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kosple
New Community Member

I have absolutely same situation. I ordered GTA 26 Battery-Powered Wood Cutter but received just a blade saw with ribbon handles. Pay Pal wants I send it back for return on my own expenses. My question is why I have to pay for False B.S. if  my receipt shows exactly wrong item sent to me. Not sure if Pay Pal belong now to Chinese for skimming. Very disappointed by Pay Pal resolution Center.

Login to Me Too

guilhermeosk
Contributor
Contributor

@kosple so i contacted Paypal about their decision and they told me about a program that they can refund you up to $30 in return cost when the seller doesnt offer to pay for shipping it back. my seller only accepts deliveries from either DHL or UPS. i went to an UPS store yesterday and asked the lady there how much it would cost to send my package to china and she said at least $70 easy easy. the mask cost me $46. shipping it back would be $70 ( or $40 if i got the $30 refunded by paypal).. So i explained to Paypal that best possible outcome i'd still be spending $40 at the end of the day and to have nothing in hands. so they offered me 70% refund to keep the item. That means i'm only paying $13.28 for it which is kinda doable i guess. But what **bleep** me off is the fact that Paypal doesnt seem to be interested in doing anything to stop companies like that from getting money through them.. arent seller supposed to have some sort of score and if it is too low you get kicked out? because they definitely know it is not worth for us to return the item so they are almost sure we will keep it for a discount.. im sure they are still making money on top of it. 

anyways, very **bleep** about this whole situation and i just wanted to get the mask i saw on their website pictures.

-----but my advice is definitely go to customer service and ask for a review after you escalate the claim. explain why it is unfair that you are losing money returning an item from a false advertising ad and hopefully you can get to an agreement on what to do!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.