Fake business?

SteveOw
Contributor
Contributor

I think I found a fake business that I almost ordered from. I need PayPal to verify its authenticity. They use PayPal for buyer payment. Is it worth the trouble to pursue?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Nanookster
New Community Member

I know I found a fake business and cannot get anyone to help me. I ordered a Paddle Board in June. My paypal acct was charged immediately, of course.

1st red flag: I never received a confirmation email from seller. SOKOKZ.com aka, Fake Business

2nd Red flag: Name on Paypal different from website, order confirmation I printed when purchased.

3rd red flag: When I return to website it is a clothing store, no paddle board in site.

4th:  two weeks later I receive a text from USPS that my package was delivered. I never received my package

5th: Spoke with USPS and they confirmed package was delivered but tracking number had a different address, clearly not mine.

6th: Called Nursing Home it was delivered to and they did everything to help locate this package but no package was delivered. 

7th: Per paypal I need to email seller, which I have numerous times and call the number they have for customer support, but no response or answer.  

8th: Paypal said there is no fraudulent activity to my account. Now anytime I try to pursue it further it keeps telling me it's already been resolved.

I have my bank looking into this since paypal does not give a crap about what fake businesses use their pay services. I only use paypal when I'm not familiar with an online seller, assuming Paypal would help in the event it is Fraudulent. No such luck. I will stick with Amazon for shopping online only and never, never use Paypal again. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.