can I cancel a transaction on a order found to be a spam made a minutes ago.

Sam1312
Contributor
Contributor

I just made two purchases today, 6/15/20 which are for $76.89 and $99.00.  I realized within few minutes that purchases I made is a totally from a spam site.  I googled it and it was confirmed that the site is a spam.  The site showed that I am buying from Ralph Lauren but when I completed purchase, the confirmation receipt gave me a different vendor.  I called paypal within minutes but could not talk to them.  I went on line to dispute these two payments but to my surprise, the paypal site did not register my disputes and forwarded me to the user agreement.  Now, I have doubts about paypal and do not have confidence in them.  Please help me to resolve this issue.  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

StarRenee86
New Community Member
Hi, I had the exact problem. I ordered a speaker for $99.95 and realized minutes later it was a scam. It was under “authorized” transaction and already came Out of my bank. I was unable to cancel my transaction on PayPal and so I emailed the seller and of course no response so I emailed b PayPal. I got a response from a PayPal representative that said she filed a dispute on my behalf. When I looked at the amount and transaction number they were different then originally. It was the same seller but more money ($113.85) and a different transaction number. But I was happy to hear that my issue was being taken care of so I didn’t say anything about this because they had the right amount now because that now was taken out of my bank. This was until the next day, when I received an email saying my case was closed and they found in favor of the seller because they provided tracking information that showed they mailed the product. When I went to track the product it said it was sent on may 24th and received June 2nd. I ordered the product in June 13! So it was obviously a bogus tracking number. I am very disappointed in PayPal for not investigating this better, it was so simple to click on the tracking number and see that it was not the correct one and low my case is closed and I tried to reopen one two more times on the transaction and they keep closing those right away. So I am not able to escalate it to PayPal. From What I understand the disputes are handled through the seller and the claims through PayPal. If that is the case, why does it seem as though PayPal closes The disputes? I’ve also emailed PayPal Again but it’s only been like 15 hours so I haven’t heard back from them. It’s very frustrating.
Login to Me Too

Sam1312
Contributor
Contributor

I sympathize with StarRenee 86 and can understand the frustration. Simple Logic , No brainer, How can the goods be delivered before an order is placed ?? This should not be  difficult for PayPal or any investigator to understand. 

Does PayPal ever read these comments from their clients?? It would help if they take immediate action on such fraud vendors and protect their clients. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.