Fake Seresto collars pet shop online supplies

Shanana2021
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased Nov 25th two fake Seresto collars. Didn't know till I ordered they were coming from China. Arrived Jan 12th. Confirmed thru Elanco animal health, formerly Bayer they are fake. Got a case # thru them and gave to paypal. Not good enough for refund. I now have to go to state police or postal inspector for documentation. Probally last paypal purchase I make. Several forum members experienced the same counterfeit collars upon reading. PayPal is funding this and contributing to a product that could kill your pet. $44.96 of my money still held hostage by paypal.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shanana2021 

Paypal would not be able to check every seller / merchant in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.
So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The BEST thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them.......

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PPardue
Contributor
Contributor

The webpage was listed as Bayer Seresto but was actually Online franchise shop with a Florida address. When I got a tracking number it showed the shipment came from China. I never received the collar because the package was returned to sender before it ever got near my state. I filed a claim with Paypal along with the tracking information showing it never arrived and nothing has been done except that its under review.  I thought using Paypal protected the buyer from scammers??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @PPardue,

Thanks for reaching out for support. I can certainly understand the level of concern considering you never received the item you paid for. If you have already opened a claim, we'll allow 10 days for the seller to respond to the claim and then we'll make our decision based on the information presented. We'll keep you updated through email as your case progresses, and you can always check your Resolution Center to view the status of your claim as well.

-Derrick

Login to Me Too

PPardue
Contributor
Contributor

Actually I filed a claim over a month ago. I also have a printout from the vendor showing that the charged was reversed to Paypal on 4/22/91 although not for the full amount. The refund was 1.84 less than the original charge. However the claim has continued to be under review in the resolution center and the resolution date keeps getting moved back.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hello @PPardue,

I'm sorry to hear that your case has not been closed yet. Generally, if the resolution date continues to be pushed out, this is because the package is on its way and there is movement on it. I see that you stated the item was returned to the sender, according to the tracking information you have. There is a possibility that the merchant provided new tracking information to PayPal. Your best option may be to contact our Customer Support, to discuss the details of your case. To contact our Customer Support, please click 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website page for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.