Facebook scams?

MS51
New Community Member

This Company advertises under a number of names eg dolores.store homemoon.store sunburst.store  the Zhoukou <removed>Trading Company

Apparently quality products at 95% below price advertised as limited stock, 1 item per person.

They're still on Facebook advertising tools and recliners at stupid money and recently £1000 folding electric bike for £22!!!

I know of three people still waiting for goods. Has anyone dealt with them already?

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Guidopoel
Contributor
Contributor

report it to paypal and ask your money back.

Login to Me Too

TJMilligan
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal will not refund your money even if you clearly document fraud by one of these Chinese or Malaysian vendors.

I used PayPal specifically because I believed they had a buyer protection plan.  In reality, it is a buyer no-protection plan.  

Chinese scammers are running rampant and PayPal does nothing. I will never use PayPal for a purchase again.

Might as well be Hamish in this little comedy skit:

https://youtu.be/aub7zz2NzSQ

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TJMilligan 

Loads of folks are getting refunds, you just have to open the correct dispute and follow the procedures.

The only time you have to fight a bit harder is when these scammers send fake tracking numbers, then you have to get some proof first and appeal.

Even someone on this thread said that they had had a refund, so whilst sadly you may have missed out, a lot of folks are getting refunds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TJMilligan
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Sorry, but I don't believe it.  You say many are getting refunds, but I would say maybe a few will get a refund many months after the original transaction and only after they risk doubling down on their loss by incurring shipping fees to China that are in excess of their original purchase and jump through onerous other hoops imposed by PayPal Buyer No-Protection.  

Many posts by people on this site show that PayPal-enabled fraud is rampant by Chinese and Malaysian vendors, and PayPal's stock response, even in the face of full documentation is "No refund for you."  Shameful and ripe for a class-action suit.

Login to Me Too

TJMilligan
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck with that.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TJMilligan 

Then read all the threads with folks complaining about these scam sites and then read further down in those threads where they come back saying they got a refund or just scroll up THIS thread to the person that said they had just been refunded.

As for your class action suit, good luck with that one.....

https://www.theverge.com/2012/10/17/3511792/paypal-class-action-suit-ban

I prefer to help folks 'work' the system properly so that they get refunded rather than just tell everyone 'you won't get a refund' which is WRONG.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Azroger44
New Community Member
I have contacted buyers and they’d I’d not get a refund
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.