Facebook ad scam

ROBMARTLEM
Contributor
Contributor

Sellers name is Rononon, their phone number is non operational and they advertise some of their product as Made in the USA.. Nothing but chinese products.

The seller is fraudulent and a scam. I’ve been cheated by them. I paid for 2 work benches that were supposed to measure 32”tall with clamps. I received a rectangular piece of green plastic that measures about 4” tall by 6”wide by 8”. It is literally, smaller than my shoe. After researching, I found out that their advertisement on the bench is a copy of LOWES Home Improvements work bench called “Workx Pegasus work bench”. The seller is unscrupulous who is asking me to keep the green item plus a refund of $6.00. After declining the last absurd offer of a $25.00 refund, I decided to escalate this issue to PayPal.

We need to stop these people from scamming more families who work hard to make an honest living. They are using our own corporations and institutions who choose to turn a blind eye and allow them to channel thru to commit their horrific and disgusting acts. I ask you, Pay Pal to stand against their unscrupulous actions by banning them. I’m asking you stand on the side of the people who do honest business with you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ROBMARTLEM 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
/FAQ3544

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BlueNov55
Contributor
Contributor

Rob, I recently fell for the same scam and I’m truly kicking myself for doing it. I thought I was purchasing a Worx folding work table but what what I ended up getting in my mailbox is a couple of green plastic folding table that looked like a connect four about 12x6 inch surface area. They offered a refund for $3 and I can keep the items. On their next response they offered $5 and keep the stuff. Next message states according to their policy and blah blah I will have to return items at my expense and a $5 restocking fee. I asked for the link to their policy, not a copy and paste. I gave them 3 options to choose from. Give me full refund and I’ll ship it, escalate to PayPal, or full refund and they still pay for the shipping. Either way I will escalate the issue. I emailed them separately too and I have a <removed> or something. They even offered a partial refund or credit for future purchases. I said NO. The site that it led me to when searching for Rononon is adoniste.net. It’s not the same site that I found on social media. It certainly has the same email contact browsing through their site. I Worx table is no longer posted and My gut feeling they did it to claim they never had the items in their inventory. The name of the site that processed my payment was danneygadget in case you’re interested to know.

Login to Me Too

BigMac3
New Community Member

I have been ripped off by them also.  You would think PayPal would stop this also.  I'm in middle of dispute with them and PayPal.  PayPal is of no help.  Gave me a return address that is no a valid address and cannot return yet.  Cannot talk to anyone at PayPal, just robot responses.  Return shipping will be more than the reimbursement policy at PayPal and PayPal just told me to basically pound sand!

Anyone every get a refund?  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.