FAKE PUMPKIN SCAM AND PAYPAL DENIES A REFUND TO CUSTOMERS

rrarnold

I ordered 3 animated pumpkins that are supposed to blue tooth and their eyes, mouth, and whole face move TO the music with funny faces. There is supposed to be like a project screen inside of them for the animation. There is not. The much smaller size than advertised pumpkins are hard plastic and their faces are painted on. They clearly do not animate to the music. The pumpkins I received are clearly not the 45.95 product that I ordered. I now see many many people complaining about the same product. Alot of people are being scammed. Now I hear the company has changed their name and they continue to scam people. I would have NEVER ordered the product that I ended up with let alone pay that much money for them. We the consumers need help with this scam as it continues. I have also heard people say that they are contacting Paypal and being told that since they received a product that their claim is denied. We need help to get our money back and stop this scam. Paypal denied my claim because I received 'A' product.  But the product is not the correct product and by far inferior to their ad.  THERE IS NO WAY TO GET BACK INTO THIS CLAIM TO EXPLAIN WHY I STILL NEED A REFUND. THIS IS HAPPENING TO MANY PEOPLE 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Member1
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone use their Credit Card to pay and have tried a Charge Back?

Login to Me Too

MaxD12
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has clearly decided that its customers are lower if not non-existent on its priority list compared to the scammers they are protecting with these one-sided policies. Paypal has decided that because the customer is unimportant, doing the minimal effort it takes to verify a claim is unnecessary, therefore scammers win automatically and the customer has no recourse. Paypal has decided that customers do not deserve to have an appeal and that robots should simply shew them away until they give up.

This is the impression that many of us have, not because we've contrived it, but because Paypal has given us every reason to believe it. We get email replies from ROBOTS after we've spent the time showing documented proof and information proving we have been wronged, and those robots seem to ALWAYS find in the favor of the scammer, never the innocent buyer.

You should see my issue here. It's the oldest scam in the book, and Paypal's security team is being defeated easily by it. Do they even have a security and fraud team, or is that actually just an automated robot, too? Fair question given how decisions are being made since no human with basic reasoning skills could read these things and decide in the favor of obvious scammers pulling old scams from the 90's.

Login to Me Too

Monica4101
New Community Member

I am not even sure that the people that are working the Resolution Center are even located in the US.  I had a very similar situation with an order for a chain saw trimmer Stihl which I received just the chain!!!  My Resolution was denied because "I" did not send proper tracking information.  DUH The person who obtained the tracking information should be the one responsible for sending it to Paypal if requested.   I sent what little I had...the package never moved.  However, my problem that I received an item not ordered instead of what was ordered did not matter.  I did finally ask about how to send addition information with pictures hoping that would help.  The instructions I was given  on how to do this of course did not work so silly me I tried for days to contact someone who could help.  I finally got a nice lady (who had an accent) who gave me a www address to upload my additional information with pictures.  That address was www.paypal.com/eebr which was from Paypal Pte Ltd the Holder of the PayPal payment service.  I doubt that my information and hours of work ever got to anyone that read it or cared.  It was never mentioned.   I had earlier expressed how difficult it was to plead my case without pictures in 360 or so words.  I live in a little bitty town with very little shopping options.  I order a ton of stuff on line and if at all possible use PayPal to pay the price.  This seemed safer that giving out my card number over and over to people I did not know or trust.  I have only had one or two complaints to Paypal about problems, but this year alone I have been scammed four times.  I see not reason to believe Paypal is interested in hearing or helping solve my problems with product dissatisfaction... and so goes the story.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.