FAKE FED EX TRACKING NUMBER: CAMERA GIZMO? BESTDYSONDEAL?

mcstadelman
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item from bestdysondeal on 11/14 and received an order confirmation.  I paid through paypal on my credit card and received a shipping/delivery update from paypal listing Camera Gizmo as the seller with an email adddress and a FedEx tracking number.  Called FedEx because I did not receive the package.  The tracking number is for an entirely different person and address and was signed for by a shipping and receiving clerk.   Fed Ex was not allowed to tell me who or where it was addressed to.  It couldn't be my package - it weighed one pound.  I have sent an email to the "seller" and filed a dispute.  No response from the seller.  Paypal opened and closed the dispute within minutes!  They did not track the package to ME. 

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

jhb176
Contributor
Contributor
I filed a complaint w the bbb in western PA about this company and scam. Also filed a complaint against PayPal for failure to protect the consumer. If PayPal did 30 seconds of investigation of this thread or the company they would know it's a scam. But then they wouldn't make any m ok money from the seller. So they don't give a **bleep**. I'm done w PayPal. Removed all my payment options from my account
Login to Me Too

mcstadelman
Contributor
Contributor
They seemed unhappy that I disputed through my cc company WITH IMMEDIATE SUCCESS.
Login to Me Too

Ddspot
Contributor
Contributor
Same type of problem for what is going as ‘online store’ for Apple watches. Gave me a fake shipping number. I immediately tried to track it using all US shippers and nothing worked, and emailed them saying it doesn’t work. No reply. Contacted PayPal and filed. They have done not a thing for me, saying they would have info by today.
Login to Me Too

mcstadelman
Contributor
Contributor
Don't wait for them. Contact your cc company.
Login to Me Too

Susanbuehner
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me. Fed Ex denied my claim, said it was delivered. What was delivered? To whom? Not anything to me!
Login to Me Too

KarieXo
Contributor
Contributor
Susan, contact FedEx and ask them to send you proof of delivery for that tracking number.
Login to Me Too

Susanbuehner
Contributor
Contributor
Will do!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.