FAKE FED EX TRACKING NUMBER: CAMERA GIZMO? BESTDYSONDEAL?

mcstadelman
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item from bestdysondeal on 11/14 and received an order confirmation.  I paid through paypal on my credit card and received a shipping/delivery update from paypal listing Camera Gizmo as the seller with an email adddress and a FedEx tracking number.  Called FedEx because I did not receive the package.  The tracking number is for an entirely different person and address and was signed for by a shipping and receiving clerk.   Fed Ex was not allowed to tell me who or where it was addressed to.  It couldn't be my package - it weighed one pound.  I have sent an email to the "seller" and filed a dispute.  No response from the seller.  Paypal opened and closed the dispute within minutes!  They did not track the package to ME. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mcstadelman 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mcstadelman 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mlo88
Contributor
Contributor
I also just had this happen to me with this site and have filed a dispute. Fake fedex tracking number and everything.
Login to Me Too

mcstadelman
Contributor
Contributor
After my post I appealed PayPals decision to close my case - after 20 minutes. It was a hopeless frustrating waste of time. The appeals rep kept insisting that I get a signed affidavit from FedEx stating that it was not delivered to me. Well because it was not even addressed to me or delivered to me they could not would sign anything. After 2 days of the same responses over and over from PayPal I gave up and disputed through my credit card company. PayPal rep kept referring to it as an inconvenience. $330. Is not an inconvenience.
Login to Me Too

ginbel01
Contributor
Contributor

hi, i had the same problem like you, i was given somebody's fed ex tracking number. i filed a dispute with fed-ex online. fed-ex sent an email opening the case for me. the email contained the tracking number the seller had given me, the shipper's name and address, and also the recipeint's name and address which is not me. i sent that to paypal and they still won't accept. paypal kept on insisting that i get an 'intranet form' with fed-ex letterhead stating that the tracking number is not related to my address.  it is so frustrating. i bet they even have not tried to contact the seller. i'm going back and forth with paypal on this. i even sent them my invoice receipt which showed that i ordered nov. 8, but the tracking shows it shipped nov. 6. but these are not enough proof for them. currently, i filed a claim with my bank (i paid thru my debit card), and hopefully they give me my money back. i am so beyond frustrated with paypal. hoping that they get sued big time.

Login to Me Too

ralfa101
Contributor
Contributor

Same exact scam just happened to me. PayPal flatly denied my claim. After reading the accounts here, I'll call my credit card company to cancel. PayPal should really listen to its users, especially now that this is a recurring scam.

Login to Me Too

ralfa101
Contributor
Contributor

Just checked with FedEx. A package WAS delivered to an address in my town yesterday....it just wasn't me or my package. This person at Camera Gizmo has access to FedEx tracking numbers that are enough to fool PayPal into thinking that the seller is actually delivering. I'd say PayPal should look further than FedEx's tracking results, and should contact FedEx themselves to confirm that tracking #'s are bogus. In the meantime, the least they can do is suspend this seller's account now that there are several identical scams.

Login to Me Too

jhb176
Contributor
Contributor
I've also been scammed beatdysondeal.com is a SCAM !! Tracking from FedEx (FAKE) says signed for by someone I've never heard of and was never delivered!!!
Login to Me Too

Rabbie
Contributor
Contributor
The tracking number is wrong it was for a chip
Login to Me Too

KarieXo
Contributor
Contributor

I also fell prey to BESTDYSONDEAL.com.  I never received my product, however, Paypal stated it was delivered.

After I received an email from PayPal stating my package was sent out, I checked the FedEx tracking# only to find it was supposedly delivered a few days prior, which I never received. Thought it was strange, so I contacted FedEx and was able to get the Proof-Of-Delivery from FedEx.  It showed it was delivered to another address within my same city, however, NOT my address.  The Shipper company name was also showing a different name.  I contacted that company & they stated they have no affiliation with BESTDYSONDEAL.COM or the name as it showed up via Paypal, "Interactive Home Electronics".  

I filed a dispute with my credit card merchant, Paypal, and FedEx.  

I have also filed a scam complaint and customer complaint via the Better Busines Bureau (BBB).  I would advise you all to do the same that fell victim, so others become aware.   I'm still waiting for BBB to post my complaint.  https://www.bbb.org/us/pa/ebensburg/profile/online-retailer/electronic-accessories-interactive-0141-...

Also, anyone else try to call the number noted on their website, BESTDYSONDEAL.COM? Always busy!!!  The address is also a Wal-Mart Address.  

This is a known TRACKING CODE SCAM.  "Con artists are exploiting a PayPal policy and deceiving online shoppers into paying for goods that don’t exist," according to the BBB.

Paypal has been no help! I have disputed & even called but because I disputed with my Credit Card company, PayPal will not assist me until a final decision has been made with my credit card merchant.  My credit card company is still "investigating" and I am waiting for a dispute form that they have to mail to me, so I can send them the Proof Of Delivery from FedEx. So frustrating!!!  

WHY HASN'T PAYPAL TAKEN THIS COMPANY DOWN? BESTDYSONDEAL | INTERACTIVE HOME ELECTRONICS is a SCAM!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.