Dyson fraud off face book!?

Danp75
Contributor
Contributor
Hey just wandered if anyone out there got scammed like me on a Dyson hand held vac..? Paid via PayPal and there was a record of it being purchased and paid for.. but now nothing! No vac no details of the purchase of now! Has this happened to anyone else? Cheers Dan x
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

ghallak
Contributor
Contributor

I was also scammed by a so called Dyson website but through a google search. I paid 99.99 for the vacuum and after submitting the payment realized that I was scammed. The name on the seller account was written in Chinese for the first day and then changed to "Best Online Shop". I contact Paypal to file a dispute but they dragged their feet. I was told I would have to wait 10 days to get a response from the seller. I went back to the site and called the number to see if I contact the seller to cancel my order and a random person answered the call. I hung up and a minute later received a text message from he person saying that if I was calling about Dyson I was scammed. They aren't sure how their number ended up on that site. I contact Paypal again but they are now doing things through a messaging system where after every message you send you have to wait like 24 hours for them to respond and when they do and you respond back to them the message gets transferred to a different person and you have to wait another 24+ hours for a response. I tried calling them and I keep getting hung up on. Then maybe 3-4 days later the seller decides to provide a tracking number for the package. So now Paypal thinks the item being sent to me is the item as described. Low and behold, This order was placed on July 5th, I receive a package July 20th that is much smaller than what I ordered and was shipped from China. I open it up and it's a gaming controller grip. I tried contacting Paypal again to change the category of the dispute to "item not as described" and no response. I sent like three message and finally was fed up I messaged "I want to close my account" and they respond with sorry to see you go we have lifted the restrictions on your account (which was placed after I opened the dispute) and here are some instructions on how to close the account. Note even a response to the previous messages I sent. Paypal is such a fraud and its a shame a lot of companies like eBay partner with them. 

Login to Me Too

MoBuddy
Contributor
Contributor
There are fake companies utilizing PayPal to perpetrate their fraud. VaccuumsNY was using a 50 percent off price for a Dyson hair dryer. Lesson learned - Dyson are never 50 percent off. I paid 279.99. When I went to call to see where my dryer was, it was a google voice phone number that can’t be tracked. Then I looked up address and it was a Walmart address in Valley Stream NY. Then the email address was bouncing back. The name of the company is very generic - Electronic Digital. I opened up a dispute . I get a UPS mailing label with not my address but my town or city listed. No name. I call UPS. It’s not a shipping label for my address nor my name . So now a fake shipping label . As I started to investigate through Google and PayPal , I have found similar stories with other generic based company names, same scam and all using PayPal . Still waiting for the resolution to be finalized . PayPal keeps extending the date. PayPal needs to do more to prevent fraud like this . Ask yourselves why fraudsters continue to utilize PayPal - because it’s easy !!! The fraudsters who took me for 279 have shut their fake website down .
Login to Me Too

Gsevier
Exactly the same thing happened to me. Googled Dyson to order a stick vac, paid $269, and then noticed that the seller was named a bunch of Chinese letters, called and a lady’s voicemail said sorry, but this is NOT Dyson, it’s a scam. I immediately contacted PayPal and it took them two months to tell me my claim was denied because USPS reported that the tracking number reflects that the item was delivered TO MY MAILBOX. A 4 foot long stick vac. PayPal won’t refund my money.
Login to Me Too

Zaya2021
New Community Member
They asked me pay on paypal! And after i did not get any package! I want refund from paypal and paypal denied! So shameful that paypal encourage this type activities ! I charged from insybio inc june 2021 . I stull want my refund from paypal. Because they said on facebook ,if you do not receive your package dispute your transaction!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zaya2021 

If you want advice then provide some actual information, you haven't even said which dispute you opened / if you escalated it and what happened.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.