Does this crap really annoy anyone else

Stephanielloyd
Contributor
Contributor

I’m not good in this computer world.  All I want to ask is why PayPal paid money from my account for an item I had consented to buy on eBay.  Usually I have to give my PayPal password and my address for delivery.  I did neither of these things but heard a whoosh sound and a message came up on my screen that thirty pounds had been paid to this company for an item I had not consented to buy.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Stephanielloyd
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it was a typo but after I sent the message there was not an edit function.  Should read “I did not sanction PayPal to send thirty pounds to EBay seller.  I was not asked for my PayPal password.  Long story but was walking through the house holding my iPad to find my husband to show him an item I had found then a message came on screen that PayPal had paid seller.  At no time did I give my PayPal password and now I haven’t a clue how to get to speak to someone at PayPal or eBay.  The sellers message comes back as he’s on holiday until 3rd of May.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stephanielloyd 

PayPal paid money from my account for an item I had consented to buy on eBay.

for an item I had not consented to buy.

Can't be both !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Stephanielloyd
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it was a typo but after I sent the message there was not an edit function.  Should read “I did not sanction PayPal to send thirty pounds to EBay seller.  I was not asked for my PayPal password.  Long story but was walking through the house holding my iPad to find my husband to show him an item I had found then a message came on screen that PayPal had paid seller.  At no time did I give my PayPal password and now I haven’t a clue how to get to speak to someone at PayPal or eBay.  The sellers message comes back as he’s on holiday until 3rd of May.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stephanielloyd 

When you pay on ebay it comes up with an option to remember your password for faster checkout, it could be that you clicked to agree rather than the 'remind me later' option so that the next time you paid it went straight through?

If you didn't want to pay then contact the seller when they return and cancel and request a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.