Does buyer protection cover for inbetweeners tampering with the envelope?

yiorgoscy
Contributor
Contributor

I have received an empty envelope for an item I have paid $550, 5 months ago! I was cautious enough to pay for Paypal`s buyer protection, and since the seller does not accept to pay fully for the loss, I have gone ahead and opened a Paypal case for a non-received/missing parts item. However the seller has come back saying that I should have never accepted teh envelope at teh Post office, because the envelope looked like more wavy than normal. Indeed, teh envelope seemed to be more wavy than normal, when it was in fact supposed to be strengthened with cardboard inside, in order to protect the collectable banknote I had bought. However the envelope was sealed around, and I had no reason to think that the envelope had been tampered with. However, after going home and opening the envelope, I discovered that it was actually empty. It was only after that I closely inspected the envelope, and found out that the envelope had been PROBABLY opened on one side, and closed back again with tape.

Now my request is...Let`s say that the seller, actually send my item, but it was actually stolen along the way, whether in India, or any other Postal station this has passed from before reaching me in Cyprus, doesn`t Paypal cover me for this anyhow, under their Buyer`s protection policy? In other simpler words, whether the seller hasn`t actually put the item in the envelope, or somebody stole this along the way, doesn`t Paypal cover the buyer anyhow? Finding, who, how and what has happened along the way, is just about anybod`s guess, and cannot be proved or disproved by anybody.

At any rate, the envelope arrived sealed, but empty, and the Postal office cannot accept responsibility for something that was delivered sealed.

Thanks in advance for your prompt suggestions on the matter

Yiorgos

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.