Disupte - Seller won't answer

AUserName-
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for a product, the seller pulled some **bleep** and I opened a disupte.

The seller did not answer to the dispute (what a surprise) so I escalated it for paypal to help me

PayPal is now waiting for an answer by the seller (who still isn't answering.. guess what)

They told me they would wait until earlier today, now they are still waiting for an answer by the seller and I did not yet get my money back

**bleep**? Can sellers just get out of their legal obligations by.. not responding? Why don't I just get a refund if the seller doesn't even bother to say as much as "sorry, no" they LITERALLY DIDN'T EVEN SAY THAT, THEY DID NOT RESPOND AT ALL.

What is PayPal "waiting" for? Like.. they aren't going to reply, they already showed that. Give me my **bleep** money back!?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

TomTheHelper
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am sorry to hear this.

Please note that at this time Paypal's employees are working from home and may take more time than usual to respond to disputes.

However, if Paypal is waiting for an answer from the seller, the seller usually has 1 month to respond and if he/she doesn't the case would be automatically found in your favour (from experience).

if you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Sincerely,

Tom.

Login to Me Too

AUserName-
Contributor
Contributor

Then why in the f*ck did it say "The seller has until the 24th of July 14:XX to respond"?
If they have an entire frikken month then why did paypal LIE TO MY FACE?

Login to Me Too

TomTheHelper
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for replying,

Please, note that I said that Paypal at this moment has a lack of staff working. It may take longer for Paypal to do anything.

Your dispute will be reviewed as soon as an agent gets to it.

At this point as said, please just be patient.

Sincerely, Tom.

Login to Me Too

AUserName-
Contributor
Contributor

They aren't reviewing anything.

It still says Paypal is waiting for the seller to answer.

But the seller had lots of time to answer and didn't.

It said the seller had until earlier today to answer.

Now it's past that point and it still says "waiting for the seller to answer"

This has nothing to do with staffing situations, this has everything to do with PayPal lying to my face on what the time-limit *really* was.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.