Disputes on item that the seller confirmed that the order was canceled

Eitan-Gavish
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I opened disputes on item that the seller confirmed that the order was canceled However the seller sent the item but I didn't receive it!

I have a proof on correspondence with the seller, that the seller approved that i will receive refund, but i didn't receive it!

Of course the correspondence can also be seen on ebay.

when i opened a dispute, paypal received from the seller documentation that I received the item but I didn't receive the item!

Paypal Did not address my correspondence with the seller who promised not to ship the product and to give me a full refund. 

So ,ebay and paypal refuse to give me refund and there is no option to appeal - what else can i do?

It is not possible to show the correspondence with the seller to paypal or contact them !

I tried to call customer service for talking with representative but it is impossible. 

Do I have an option to contact  paypal by email or online chat ? 

Thanks,

Eitan

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MoreQsThanAs
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal isn't taking calls at this time.  It's frustrating.  And I had your exact issue when trying to appeal - the methods PayPal Help mentions on appealing don't work.  However, working through the Message Center communicating with PayPal reps is how I went about it and got my dispute overturned in MY favor.  Recommendations:

• Start a chat in Message Center, indicate your trying to appeal and ask for a link where you can do this
  • The next rep will likely give instructions on how to appeal.  Indicate you've tried this, but it doesn't work.  Ask them once again for a link to where you can appeal or if you can appeal by sending your proof through message center.
  • If the merchant provided you a USPS tracking number, go down to your local USPS office and get tracking documentation from them.  USPS online only shows details of when a package was sent and delivered.  The tracking documentation a local USPS office can provide is MUCH more detailed.  It shows what kind of item was delivered (single-piece rate aka envelope OR parcel) AND the weight of what was sent.
    • In my case, what I purchased should have received was a package, ~19 pounds and delivered to my front porch.  The USPS documentation showed I received a 1 ounce envelope in my mailbox.  THAT was what I needed to overrturn PayPal's initial decision into MY favor.

Beyond this, be cordial, be patient, expect long delays in correspondence and understand not all PayPal reps are created equal.  You may have to rehash things a couple of times.  Ultimately though, you'll get the one rep who will see your efforts, recognize you're frustrated and work to help you get the decision reversed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.