Dispute relating to receipt of parcel

SaS8
Contributor
Contributor

I posted an item to someone and sent her a copy of the receipt for proof of posting. Now after nearly 2 weeks she says she didn’t receive it and has opened a case with PayPal. What do I do next?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SaS8 

do you have a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer?

only proof of posting just means you posted it and not that they received it.

If they haven't received it and you can't prove they did with a tracking number then you will need to issue a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SaS8 

do you have a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer?

only proof of posting just means you posted it and not that they received it.

If they haven't received it and you can't prove they did with a tracking number then you will need to issue a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

SaS8
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you I thought that might be the case. So I’ll be out of pocket though I definitely posted it. In future will send everything tracked.
Login to Me Too

mr2sumitt
Contributor
Contributor
PayPals proof of delivery is ridiculous, a parcel can be delivered to the wrong house and signed for by the wrong person and PayPal think that's ok. SHOCKING
Login to Me Too

SaS8
Contributor
Contributor
Seems like if someone says they didn’t receive parcel you don’t have a leg to stand on. Once it’s posted it’s out of your hands. So will definitely send it tracked or signed for in future
Login to Me Too

mr2sumitt
Contributor
Contributor
Tracked is the only way for seller. too many buyers that are scammers aswell. So many bad people in this world!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SaS8 

But what if the buyer didn't receive it? Would you not want a refund if you paid for something and it did not arrive?

If you bought from amazon and a parcel didn't turn up would you just say 'oh never mind the seller has said they posted it so it must be lost in the post' !!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mr2sumitt
Contributor
Contributor
I've recently bought something and it didn't turn up and PayPal seem to think its alright as the seller has tracking saying it was delivered somewhere near me to someone with a different name.
Login to Me Too

SaS8
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to me
Login to Me Too

SaS8
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah I get that but it doesn’t stop it being bloody annoying for the seller. Royal Mail needs a shake up so that everything’s tracked or signed for but not at extortionate charges, then we’d all be covered
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.