Dispute Spotify charge

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
So, Spotify charged my PayPal for monthly subscription fee. I immediately filed dispute and asked them to cancel the Spotify subscription which uses my PayPal and refund the payment. I figured they should be ok with it since I disputed the charge immediately. The Spotify account thing is bit complicated but I simply cannot login it so I cannot make any changes to it. I have cancelled pre-approved payment from PayPal itself. Regardless of technical stuff, is Sporify exception to the rule "no seller protection for virtual goods" ? I just want to get rid of them and get the money I just paid back. If I file "item not received", will Spotify be treated differently than individual sellers?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

LakinJ98
Contributor
Contributor
Did you figure out a solution to this? I just noticed a charge from them and I don’t even use them anymore.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

Hello, 

My apologies if this subscription has caused frustration. When creating a subscription with a merchant, you agree to have them charge you until the subscription is canceled. Through our disputes process, we wouldn't have a valid option to cancel the transaction if this subscription is still open and you haven't canceled it with the merchant already. This is why we'd be unable to refund the transaction. We recommend you reach out to the merchant directly to ask for a refund. 

Also, make sure your subscription is canceled so they don't continue billing you. 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.