Disappointed in Paypal

Metzhara
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal recently denied a claim of mine. As a long time user of the service with thousands of dollars passed through the service and not a single claim, when my first and only claim for a 50$ purchase which was with any amount of research clearly a Chinese scam, I was surprised I was treated like a con artist myself. I reported the issue when my Gundam Model kit I purchased admittedly from a site I wouldn't have ever gone to without a little "liquid judgment inhibitor" (domitestic) came as a bag of face masks. Personally, I wouldn't order masks through a Chinese service at the very least because I happen to keep far too many for other uses and the fact I would purchase much more locally. Any research of the site, the sketchy PayPal account itself (not even the same person the site mails you) would have shown this to be a slam dunk in my favor. Instead, a month and a week goes by before I ask how my "clearly in my favor" claim is, as they have not had traction at all under the investigation state, only to find they turn around and ask me to now "fill out a report with local authorities." I'm sorry, but if I thought that was needed in the first place, I sure as hell wouldn't have gone through PayPal. I mean, what kind of research was even done? LITERALLY ANY research into this issue would show this scammer effectively forces payment then denies claims to force a purchase of their masks. Imagine being forced to purchase something you didn't order and the facilitator of those sales stands by the con artist. This is PayPal. I did not file the claim. It's only 50$ I'd lose. I am no longer using this service however. I have a myriad of options just as easy to use (and they don't stand by the criminals.) I write this for others. Dump PayPal. They do not deserve your loyalty. Years of loyalty, thousands upon thousands through their service without a single claim, and a clear cut case of a scam and they walk away from you. They should be ashamed but that requires scruples.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

CHINTANA
Contributor
Contributor

Agree.  Very frustrated and disappointed with Paypal

Login to Me Too

Osabirca
Contributor
Contributor

I just don't understand how Paypal allows these companies to scam us, and they don't support us.   They support the scammers.   I have pictures and proof that I was scammed, and now their solution is for me to ship the merchandise back to China at MY expense.   I didn't scam them.   They scammed me.   It would cost more to ship my item back than I would receive in a refund.   It makes no sense to force me to ship this garbage back and that is what it is.   This is how the scammers get to keep their money.   They even told me it would cost more for me to ship it back and yet Paypal is OK with that?   Very shocking and disappointing.   I used to use Paypal, BECAUSE they were secure.   Now they are secure for the scammers.

Login to Me Too

Metzhara
Contributor
Contributor
You are correct. I don't normally go online and bash businesses. I know mistakes are made. It happens. But sometimes you have to speak up for others. 50 bucks wasn't an amount I couldn't afford to lose. But when you realize you've NEVER filled a complaint. NEVER caused a ruckus. NEVER put yourself in a situation where that supposed protection that is advertised all over their materials was needed. When you finally have an issue, one that is clear cut, absolutely shining a light on a pitiful scam that was visible to anyone with Google ("Domitestic Scam", add "paypal for a commonality) and you're treated like the villain when it's clear you're the victim, people need to know. I've already ceased using the site and when my final purchases have been cleared (had other items in flight and I'm not the villain they claim), I'll be closing the accounts related. Then, because persistence is important, I'll continue to remind those close to me both online and local, of the better services which, when I turned to them didn't turn victims into villains. "Privacy.com" is an interesting alternative as are many. Reminder: Keep solid passwords and recommended alternate email groups for your protection. Paypal, your absolutely disgusting. I'm fairly civil but I truly wish you financial hardships for your absolutely grotesque abuse of power.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.