Depop Order Refund on Guest Account

rrust4615
New Community Member

I ordered a pair of mom jeans off of a seller on depop, however, I never received the item. I contacted depop and they told me to file a dispute with paypal. The only issue is that I ordered the jeans through the guest option on depop, not through my paypal account. I'm not sure what to next since I can't file a dispute on the order since it isn't linked to my paypal. Please help!

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rrust4615 

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......
1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kiarramiller
New Community Member
How do you open a dispute for guest buyer transactions?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kiarramiller 

Your kidding right? Did you read the post above yours???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

emmademerath
New Community Member

When I phoned Customer Service it was an automatic robot and wouldn't let me connect with a live agent. It also didn't have an option for guest payments. Do you know if there's a way I can directly contact an agent? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emmademerath 

As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment (Paypal varies a lot country to country).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

emmademerath
New Community Member

Oh, sorry! I'm from the USA. Only just made my PayPal to request the refund, I'll try to update my profile soon.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emmademerath 

If you paid as a guest buyer then you didn't use a paypal account to pay and you don't need a paypal account to get a refund.

If you funded the original payment to the seller from a card then once marked refunded it will automatically go back to that bank account or card. Paypal say allow 30 days although its normally much quicker than that, country dependent.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Cileana6
Contributor
Contributor
I having this same problem. But the thing is I got an email saying that the refund is pending until January 29. It’s already the 30th and it hasn’t even gotten back to the card I used. I know it says 30 days but that PayPal email told me it was the 29 and it will be received to my paypal balance. I didn’t not use my paypal account at all. So how are they going to refund me in my account I didn’t used? I just have the transaction ID but I can’t seem to find it on the website no matter what I do.
Login to Me Too

abeardwood
hey! did you ever resolve the issue? i’m having the same problem and it’s frustrating.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.