Damaged item

Lil_emza
New Community Member
Hi i received a damaged item which i disputed several weeks ago (it was a magnetic phone case) i sent photographs at the time, i was advised by paypay the were looking at it and to wait for response from seller then they would go further. Now i have been advised to return item, however i have disposed of it. Where do i go from here? Thank you for your help
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Lil_emza

I Hope you're doing well. 

In the event that a dispute is raised here in PayPal, due to damage item. We will nptify the seller right away. The only way for PayPal to get the amount back for scenarion like this is you will need to return the item on the condition that you received it. Since you disposed the item, I'm afraid but PayPal cannot guarantee anymore that we can get your moneyback. It will all depend to the seller if it's fine to them to issue a refund without getting their item back. PayPal can only reverse a Payment once we conformed that item was returned to the seller. Hope this helps! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.