Cleanyos is not legit???? Not verified through BBB but using Paypal

Octbaby
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know about a site named Cleanyos? They are selling Lysol Products but Lysol did not provide permission or products. They are using Paypal to collect money. Anyone know about this? Seller name is James <removed>?  but the email address is not legit. Any information? 

Login to Me Too
175 REPLIES 175

tickedoffff
Contributor
Contributor

me too.    I'm going to close my acct.   money was already taken out from mine by this fraud company.  PayPal is USELESS.   They did NOTHING to protect ANY of us when we alerted them to this fraud company. 

Login to Me Too

dborgea
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had their disputes resolved regarding Cleanyos? Paypal should be very concerned that these thieves are using Paypal to commit fraud and theft against their clients (US!) as well as using the United States Post Office as an accessory in the crime- which is a Federal Offense and a Felony!  It appears from these posts and my own experience with Cleanyos  that Paypal is not taking responsibility for fraudulent merchants or fulfilling their refund obligation to its customers.  I have also made a report to Paypal and my bank, but additionally have filed a report with USPS and have reported Paypal in that report as allowing it to continue to happen given the many numerous complaints they have received,  It appears as if they have done nothing to block this type of larcenous Merchant or refund its customers.  Paypal used to bank on their solid refund policy and of "HOW SAFE" their website and app is for doing financial business.  This type of negligent behavior towards their clients will eventually ruin their reputation and their business.  I suggest everyone report this crime to  the USPS.  

Login to Me Too

Apeck
Contributor
Contributor

I have been notified by Paypal that my dispute has been resolved in my favor. My Paypal account shows that the dispute was resolved and my linked bank account has been refunded. I received this notice yesterday, however as of today at 3pm (EDT) my bank does not show evidence of a refund. If I don't see it tomorrow, I be back at Paypal.  Hopeful!

Login to Me Too

NickiTea
Contributor
Contributor
I too fell for this scam website. They got me for $92.00. I have the screen shots and all the evidence needed to prove to PayPal that it is a scam, but they insist on talking to the seller. I told them they are wasting their time, but the seller isn't real. They put on my receipt that I bought Pet Supplies. I ordered the product on 7/12. Got an email saying it was being shipped on 7/13, yet when I tracked the package thru the post office, it said it was delivered 7/11 and my package slip was started 7/6 in Washington. I explained to Pay Pal that the crooks use PayPal because it always the merchant to change the shipping date. PayPal doesn't care. They don't want to see the evidence. I filed with my bank. I never thought to file with USPS. I will do that now.
Login to Me Too

dbglenn
Contributor
Contributor
I was scammed on Sunday, July 12!!! I felt so ridiculous when I realized what I had done.
Login to Me Too

sgksgk
Contributor
Contributor
Same. Paypal does NOT CARE. THEY ARE COMPLICIT IN THIS FRAUD. DEAL WITH YOUR LINKED CREDIT CARD COMPANY
Login to Me Too

tickedoffff
Contributor
Contributor

dbglenn- me too!     i was like......"how stupid of me to fall for something like this".   I should have known better.    I filed a dispute yesterday with my bank that my Paypal acct is linked to.  I'm not sure that my bank can do anything but at last the person I spoke to was very sympathetic & felt awful.  PayPal IS USELESS.  They will NOT do anything for us.   Try with your bank.  My bank said that they have seen a TON of fraud during this pandemic.  How awful is that????   

Login to Me Too

KathyMcK
Contributor
Contributor
These situations sound just like mine. I also am in the process of filing a claim. They got $65 from me. As soon as I saw the Receipt, I knew it was fishy!
Login to Me Too

littlejbird
Contributor
Contributor

Totally fake, sent package to another address, supposedly. Disputing and reported to USPS 

Login to Me Too

TurquoiseSeas
New Community Member

I worked with this "company" on Sunday (7/12/2020).  They managed to get $158.32 out of me because the charge didn't go through the first 2 times.  Then they changed my $50.66 transaction too $57.  Today my card was charged for the transactions that didn't post and I went to the cleanyos.com website to review the shady account I created and they DISABLED IT!  I filed a dispute with PayPal yesterday and am filing one with my credit company.

Sad part is I work at a financial institution and warn people of scams like this all the time.  I hope everyone gets their money back!  Unfortunately, these people made a killing...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.