Claimed for refund.

Redwolf_aj
Contributor
Contributor

hello

I purchased a digital product on social media ,seller cheated me and he didn't gave me the described product,it was a different product.

First i sent him 3000 RUB,he refused to give me product he was asking for more money ,i agreed and sent him more 2000 RUB.

after 3000+2000 RUB payment he gave me crap low level product and seller is not replying after one reply.

what's next step?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Redwolf_aj

If its a 'virtual' item then its unlikely you can open a dispute as you are only covered for 'non receipt of item' and not 'item received but not as described'.

Also it depends on how you paid the seller, ie goods / services OR friends / family.

Finally if you funded that Paypal payment via a credit card then you could contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Redwolf_aj
Contributor
Contributor

thanks

i paid him as a goods/services and paid through debit card linked to my bank account not credit card.

is there any chance i will get my money back?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Redwolf_aj

All you can do is try, you have 2 options.

1. File a paypal dispute for item received but not as described (or whichever option is correct), make sure you state its a virtual or digital item.

2. Contact your bank card company and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Redwolf_aj
Contributor
Contributor

thanks..

what will happen if seller don't reply on given time?

looks like he is not going to reply.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Redwolf_aj

A refund is not guaranteed as its a virtual transaction but if you get the option escalate to a claim, IF paypal find in your favour then if the seller does not respond or refund paypal will under their buyer protection policy.

The 'iffy' bit is 'if' you were actually covered by buyer protection for the item you bought, but all you can do is try.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.