Claim for cancelled Ryanair flights refused!

ErikLe
Contributor
Contributor

I claimed a refund recently for flights that Ryanair has cancelled, and is now actively preventing customers from applying for a refund.

My claim was rejected by Paypal because....

We received the claim(s) you filed on 18 March 2020.
We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). The decision was made because the purchase is ineligible for PayPal Purchase Protection according to our User Agreement.

Where does it say in the User Agreement that flights are not eligible for Purchase Protection?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

ErikLe
Contributor
Contributor
Now they sent me some form letter about not being able to answer questions due to Corona. PayPal is doing the same as Ryanair: ignore customers and delay them until they go away. I have filed a complaint with the ECC.
Login to Me Too

ErikLe
Contributor
Contributor

After asking again I finally got a response:

According to EU regulation 261 for the refund you need to contact the airline directly.
This is the reason it is not covered from our buyer protection policy and this regulation was designed to be enforced by airlines operating in EU countries.

Basically they said "we don't care, go cry at Ryanair".

This defeats the whole idea of a Buyer Protection plan... also:

Quote from Paypal Buyer protection info: "... includes Purchases of most goods and services are eligible (including travel tickets...)"

Login to Me Too

Rualvare
Contributor
Contributor
My case is even funnier. I have 5 claims closed with Ryanair. All the purchases made the same day with the same account for the same product of the same company. Four of them closed on my favor. One against
Login to Me Too

ErikLe
Contributor
Contributor

A couple of months later and I still haven't had any refunds, not from Ryanair, not from Paypal.

To anyone reading this, I strongly suggest NEVER to pay for flights with Paypal, you'll only end up disappointed and a little bit poorer.

You'd be better off using a creditcard, since they have a more honest way of handling a claim.

Login to Me Too

AronMenorca
Contributor
Contributor
Bingo me too last 4 month i had my flight cancelled i opened the case had my refund today due to Uk seconds lock down my flight was cancelled again & the didn't bother even answering back they just cancelled my case without any refunds or explanation:(
Login to Me Too

AronMenorca
Contributor
Contributor
Me too today happen the same if we are not protect by PayPal why donyou accept to pay Ryanair with your services???
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.