Chinese **bleep** me again

w1lli1
Contributor
Contributor

I (stupidly) ordered a laptop computer for around $90. I used PayPal for payment. NEVER GOT IT - YET PAYPAL says, "The case was closed in the seller's favor as the seller provided a valid proof of delivery." The only thing I received were two phone screen savers - absolutely no computers. This must be their scam, they send something/anything so they can claim that the product was delivered. All tracking information/website/addresses are in Chinese. I'm thinking about suing PayPal. Any thoughts?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Chase

Hi @w1lli1,

Thank you for your post! I am sorry to hear that you received screen savers instead of the laptop. It sounds like you originally opened an Item Not Received case for this transaction. If the merchant provided tracking that shows delivery, the case will automatically close. However, because you received an item that was Significantly Not as Described, you should have the option to appeal. In this situation, I recommend contacting customer support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. Support is also available if you send a DM to @AskPayPal on Twitter or a PM to facebook.com/PayPal.

I hope this helps!

Chase

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@w1lli1 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. THEY DON'T HAVE TO SAY WHICH ADDRESS IT WAS SENT TO, JUST THAT IT WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS.

Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click contact at the bottom of the page, or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.