China rip off

Makumgav1
Contributor
Contributor

Here is one for ya .... i bought a light off a china company (LITFAD) back in Aug 2020, it took till 3 month to get here. when I got it it was damaged , one of the shades was dented spoke to them and they gave me £5 refund as I said after waiting all that time I wasn’t gonna be bothered to try to send back. when the Sparky came to fit there was two end plugs missing which exposed the wiring, which left it dangerous and unfit for purpose, he refused to fit until i got the two rubber plugs,i asked these people twice to send them and twice they said they did but got lost in the post. In the end i decided to raise a case with Paypal, (waste of time), they said in the end that i had to pay the postage to china even thou it isn’t fit for purpose, so the light less £5 discount is £102. The postage to China is £73.57, i been onto paypal twice about the situation that i would have to package it back up , got to PO to send back , Paypal said don’t worry we will reimburse the postage yippee ..... but only up to £15. ?!?!??!? So all in all it will cost me £58 to send back an item which is rubbish and of no use to me to get £102 back , i will get a grand total of £42 for my £102 outlay, no light and £62 down for some scam shop sending out faulty good, Paypay don’t want to know , i rang them this morning after 20 mins talking and on hold , i asked to speak to a manger , he put me on hold the put me back to the automated message you get when you first ring.. This company has got horrendous feed back only wish i checked them out before i bought ..... Thats my account closed with PAYPAL.....

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Makumgav1 

Personally I would NEVER buy anything electrical OR for a child from China as they have appalling safety standards.

Also as paypal state you have to return for a refund I know that returning it would be more than the item was often worth.

Do your research, risk assess your transactions and don't buy from China web sites or social media that sell tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Violet12345
Contributor
Contributor

Hey @Makumgav1 

How did you end up contacting the company? Will they refund once they receive the products back?

I just placed an order with them, but it's still "processing." They say you can cancel before shipping, but they won't reply to my messages. Ughhhhhhhh I hope i can cancel it. I feel so stupid for ordering with them.And paying for Express shipping. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.