Case Rejected Despite Clear Merchant Violation Of Terms & Evidence

Ash211
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Community, I wondered if anybody has any advice on a claim that has been rejected where the evidence submitted is good quality and clear photographic and video evidence, extremely thorough detailing and incredibly obvious that that the product I have purchased is totally different to the product being advertised on the website and in all of their social media advertising. I am confused by this decision which I can only assume must be based on the amount of revenue that this particular company must be generating the PayPal? Does anyone know if there is a higher level that you can take the appeal? As a journalist I’d be interested to hear from anyone else with this experience when the evidence of a scam and being mis-sold is so strong. Many thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ash211 

Social media sellers are not vetted and tend to be from China = Chinese tat !!!!

An item has to be 'significantly' other than described for paypal to find in your favour, their buyer protection is not an insurance or guarantee and is limited in what it offers so you have to read up on it and risk assess your transactions.

Paypal never see the actual item so its always one persons word against anothers (how do they know the photos you took were of the item received)?

So they have to make a judgement call and sometimes the buyer misses out and sometimes its the seller. Whoever does lose out comes here and complains its unfair.    😉

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then you have the added option of contacting your card issuer and initiating a chargeback? Worth a shot maybe.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ash211 

Social media sellers are not vetted and tend to be from China = Chinese tat !!!!

An item has to be 'significantly' other than described for paypal to find in your favour, their buyer protection is not an insurance or guarantee and is limited in what it offers so you have to read up on it and risk assess your transactions.

Paypal never see the actual item so its always one persons word against anothers (how do they know the photos you took were of the item received)?

So they have to make a judgement call and sometimes the buyer misses out and sometimes its the seller. Whoever does lose out comes here and complains its unfair.    😉

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then you have the added option of contacting your card issuer and initiating a chargeback? Worth a shot maybe.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ash211
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thanks so much for your reply - however, this purchase is SIGNIFICANTLY different and quite obviously selling a different item. I didn't pay by credit card - I used Paypal as my 'guarantee' that if there was an issue - my money would be safe. There is an issue, a very obvious one - which I have carefully documented and sent to Paypal. I appreciate what you are saying but I really wouldn't have the time to purchase another sub-standard item and then claim it was what the seller was sold me. This is tat is from China yes, but the company details on their website which I bought from clearly states a UK address - on further investigation the company that are listed as owning the company from which I purchased from are trading in the UK as Qandies Ltd - company house info:

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/09121418/QANDIES-LIMITED/companies-house-data

Therefore I presumed they were a UK company and Paypal will not investigate further on this matter? I have also shared numerous other complaints relating to this website which I have found and I am positive I am not the first to flag them up in this way?

Look forward to hearing how I can accelerate this case.

Many thanks 

Ash

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.