Buyer wants a refund if he returns item but he is not responding and has been over ten days

Hypeseller225
Contributor
Contributor

Basically i had a dispute opened up against me saying the item was not as described and the guy would like a refund. I know it is perfectly fine and will sell again so i just said to him that i would more than happily refund him if he was to send the item back to me. To this he responded with "Lol im not paying shipping". He then opened the case and i even said to paypal i am more than happy to refund him if he sends it back. Paypal said they would refund him once it has sent back to me and he provided tracking. It has now been just over 10 days and he has not responded to anything. Paypal said it would be sorted by the 8th but now it just says we will get back to you shortly. It has been 22 days since this claim was originally opened i have no money because its on hold and this guy is a clear scammer and has my item. What do i do i need the money asap as im a uni student and thats why i am selling things in the first place.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hypeseller225

Your buyer obviously didn't realise that if he opened a Paypal dispute then he would still have to return the item at his own expense first before getting a refund.

However disputes are normally 10 days post-escalation to a claim, after that Paypal normally review / refund / release your funds or whatever within 48 hours of that deadline being met.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.