Buyer opened Unauthorized transaction case , item not yet shipped, what to do?

Tentate
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everybody!

I've sold an item that it is not yet shipped and yesterday the buyer opened an unauthorized transaction case.

I phoned Paypal and they told me just to wait I shouldn't do anything until they had a decision.

If they say that the transaction was legit, then I should get the money back in my Paypal account.

But I had a similar case some time ago, Paypal sided by me, and at the next day the buyer change the case for "I didn't received my item", and finally I had to make a full refund.

At the same time I guess that if the buyer does not want the item and I ship it, I am taking the risk that they break it or something similar.

I spoke with Paypal Customer service about this, but the guy on the phone said again I shouldn't  do anything and wait.

But my question is: Does it have any sense to wait? Or should it be wiser to make a full refund?

I have the feeling that the buyer really bought the item and now regrets. In case I ship it and Paypal sides by me, do you really think the buyer will not find any funny reason to return it? What would you do? 

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

SeattleShopper
Contributor
Contributor

Same sitch, different seller. I've been waiting weeks.  A resolution is still pending.  PayPal is offering the seller (who I placed an order with a month ago) another 20 days to ship.  It's so frustrating.  You're not alone.  After this I'm deleting my account.  I trusted the seller because they were doing business with PayPal and clearly PayPal isn't holding sellers accountable in the ways that buyers are expecting them to.  I've had much better luck with credit cards, banks, Venmo, Zella, etc.

Login to Me Too

Tentate
Contributor
Contributor

Hi SeattleShopper!

I am a seller, not a buyer in this case.

I don't know if the transaction was legit or not, Paypal is supposed to find it out. But anyway, in any case , being legit or not, the buyer doesn't want the item, that is clear.

And despite Paypal is asking me to wait, because it may be they side by me, has it any sense? are you going to force somebody to ship something he regrets to buy?

Facing the risk that he / she says that the box arrived empty for instance?

I should like that somebody that already had this same problem could share their experience , which is the better solution for this cases.

Thanks for your answer!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tentate 

Personally i would not ship, wait and see if paypal returns the funds to you and then refund.

If paypal finds for the buyer then they will get their money back anyway.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tentate
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kernowlass

I agree that shipping would be a mistake, because being the transaction  legit or not, it is clear in both cases that the buyer doesn't want the item.

But in the meanwhile I am having shipping overdue with Ebay...that's a n unnecessary defect.

My question now is: Do I have any advantage if I wait ?

Because again; if they side by me, I will make a refund anyway

And if I reply to the case now, I can make the full refund , closing the case, relisting, and avoiding the shipping overdue, right?

Or is it possible that refunding prior to paypal 's decision is risk for me? 

Thanks for your time!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.