Buyer dispute- Buyer is not telling the truth- do I have seller protection on Paypal?

Jozette1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi a Buyer has opened a dispute with me through paypal.

I sold sunglasses to her but she wrote to me and said they did not suit her although I had on the listing 2 or 3 times no returns.

I did not allow the return through ebay and Ebay automatically closed the case then I receive a notice from pay pal stating that the client has escalated the case although Ebay had already closed it.

Although the buyer sent her first email stating that she wants to return them because they do not suit her, she has now said that they were not as described which is a complete lie and she has now changed the case from what it was as just a normal return because she did not like the on her face.

I have it in writing what she said about the glasses not suiting her and I have tried to help her by finding her a buyer if she chose to resell them however, I am closing the vintage shop and can not have this returned as I stated on my listing.

Will Pay pal give her the return although she is not telling the truth? Will Paypal ask me for further details before giving her the refund? I am scared because there is no one to actually talk to about seller protection and EBAY said it is now a paypal issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

modelers
Contributor
Contributor

in my case a customer started a claim telling he did not receive an item. I have shown proof of several e-mail being send demanding the correct delivery point because in France due to covid only delivery points are possible.

I explained the same thing in his claim and tried to phone him and contact him on facebook but still they ruled in that guys favour.

I had several incorrect claims but paypal always rules in favour of the customer with some lame excuse.

So cutomerd do not pay anything, we do as traders and there is NO trader protection

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.