Business account need to change to personal account

Dianecherryd
Contributor
Contributor
My partner in error set his account to business. Now his payments are locked as PayPal are asking for him for validation which he can't give them. Have tried and tried to get help with this and still no luck. All he wants is a personal account and to get his money freed up so he can continue to sell through Ebay. At the moment he cant access any fund. Error message everytime. PayPal help centre unhelpful. Thankyou
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dianecherryd  

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dianecherryd
Contributor
Contributor
Thankyou but he can't close account and he has money on that account. We have tried contacting customer service but they haven't helped at all. Will try the Facebook route. Thankyou
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.