Budeloss.com

JBM2021
Contributor
Contributor

Is budeloss.com a legit source? Has anyone made a purchase and did not receive the product or the product received was not what was represented?

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

jalnx
Contributor
Contributor

budeloss is not the only website that PayPal proudly displays their logo for safe payment to vendors on.

here's a some more:

ausenook

hototin

and more that look and work the same way.

They track what you are shopping for.  Maybe Google or Amazon or some of the many other companies that track potential purchases assists them somehow.

Then they present you with a very low price to **bleep** you in.  Note that when a purchase is made, there is no shipping  or tax.  That ought to tip you off just for starters.  The contact and address info is fraudulent.  You have no idea who you actually paid to until PayPal completes the transaction.

Then you immediately find that the "company" is some crook from China.  Before you can either cancel or complain, it's a done deal, and PayPal goes out of their way, or programs it that way, to make the entire episode a nightmare.   The programming to make a complaint is seems deliberately convoluted.  Some of the offshore cs agents are slightly helpful, some are downright liars, but the process is geared toward you just giving up.  If you are successful it will take a long time.  In my case I just contacted my credit card company directly.  Then PayPal does not do any more except to delay the phony proof of delivery to the credit card company.  I had one cs agent tell me that PayPal is just a money transfer company and has no responsibility.  Tell that to the FBI.  I am sure that posting your logo and accepting payment for a known fraudulent company makes PP an accessory.

Notable items:

•  GoDaddy seems to host the domains for probably the same actor in Shanghai.
  • there is no address or contact data on the transaction at PP as there is with most reputable sellers
  • if you did not receive your piece of cloth or cardboard you cannot know where it was sent from if it did not go to your address, and even if it did, is is sent from some third party in the US who is part of the scam.
  • the address show on the website are bogus and cannot be found on a map site like Google or Apple maps
  • the phones bogus and may be hijacked from a real unsuspecting person
  • the contact email is not related to the person you paid to
  • you do not know who the payee is until the transaction is completed at PP
  • PayPal is the only form of payment

I used to have respect for PayPal as a honest business, and trusted them with many transactions.  As a client, buyer, and small time seller on eBay, I would be held accountable if I every pulled anything remotely close to what budeloss or the like does. 

They are obviously complicit in these scams, and despite all the complaints here, on their own website, the number of times they have actually refunded money, the number of times they did not get paid because the underlying credit card or bank ultimately sided with the buyer, they still continue to act like it's legitimate business, turn a blind eye, and continue to enable the payments.  Some real bad management and company policy.

Imagine having the gall to tell you to return a piece of cloth to China, when you purchased a totally different item.  As if the criminal would even acknowledge the return.  And does that mean PayPal has the sellers actual address but does not disclose it in your activity until you ask for your money back?

Don't just complain to the BBB.  The FBI-IC3, FTC, state attys general offices need to hear from you as well.  And not just about the scam company you dealt with, because PP is an accessory and need attention from those agencies.  Scan for scam reviews and share your experience.  Sabireviews is a good one, and there are lots more.  Capitalism without enforcing rules is just anarchy.

Login to Me Too

Camb19
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply.  I will definitely file a report with the FBI.  I wish I knew an attorney who would be willing to file a class action suit against Paypal.  I have just made my last purchase with them to use my $59.20 voucher credit.  I am canceling my account.   This company is not honest and I hope other cancel their account too.

Login to Me Too

Twinsfan65
Contributor
Contributor

For a class action suit an attorney is going to want a settlement in the 10's if not 100's of millions - think tobacco, asbestos,  really the damages here are you lost your money. However, PayPal will take notice if enough people drop their accounts because they support fraudulent companies and offer assistance to them in perpetrating their schemes. 

Login to Me Too

jalnx
Contributor
Contributor

I plan on ending it too.  I am just hanging in there for now to see if there is something that can be done to help stop this type of scam.

Completely stopped paying for anything through PP since they showed me their true colors in Feb.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.