Someone has access to my account.

TypicalEddie
Contributor
Contributor

Someone got access to my account and made 2 transactions! one is for -180$ and i reported it in the resolution center and got a email that the case is open and pay pal is investigating it. Now the other transaction is for -384,51$ and i cant report it in the resolution center i'm freaking out. The money has been charged on my credit card which i deactivated the moment i saw the payment list. These payments happened on April 1st someone please help me out i don't know what to do! Forgive my spelling mistakes i'm upset and exhausted.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @TypicalEddie,

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized activity on your account. If you've been unable to report the transactions in the Resolution Center, please reach out to customer service as soon as possible to get their assistance with creating an investigation into those transactions.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this is resolved quickly for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @TypicalEddie,

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized activity on your account. If you've been unable to report the transactions in the Resolution Center, please reach out to customer service as soon as possible to get their assistance with creating an investigation into those transactions.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this is resolved quickly for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

TypicalEddie
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Olivia! I've disabled my credit card, changed my passwords and PayPal customer service has been super fast and helpful! I got a email confirming that it was unauthorized activity and I'm getting a full amount refunded in PayPal balance (I'm guessing it will take a few days for the money to show up in my balance).  I'm super thankful customer service is fast and reliable it made me sleep easier. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @TypicalEddie,

Thank you for coming back to let us know the outcome! I'm glad to hear about the resolution and the good experience that you had!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

JuliusDeocampo
New Community Member
I have the same issue too do I need to change my password too? Sorry new to Paypal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.