Beware of new eBay/Paypal scam

ovidiu-adrian
New Community Member

Hi. I wanted to share a very unique situation which I haven't ever met or read about before. In August 2020, I sold an item on eBay, as a private sale, an automotive tester, used. After a month of receiving the item, the buyer told me that it had been confiscated by the police as it has been declared stolen in the past in his country. I requested proof of such and the only thing I received was a phone screenshot of an e-mail from the police, very lightly formatted, and without any signature or stamp. I told him I would be unable to verify such proof with a legal advisor and agreed that I would wait for actual legal paperwork and keep communicating. He opened disputes on eBay for both INR and SNADS, which he both lost on terms of the time limit. Last month in January 2021, he opened another dispute on Paypal this time, which I've quickly escalated to the support team, as I felt harassed by this point. The team was fast to decide in favour of the buyer and seized my money. After I appealed, I got the same result, the ending sentence being "The case was closed in the buyer's favor as they provided valid documents.". I've been provided no proof whatsoever, and am still waiting a few days now for the "valid documents" to be shared by the support team, as is legal obligation in such cases. I would meantion they're clearly avoiding it. So you can basically order something, forge some e-mail, open one of these disputes and get to keep both the item and the money. Everyone should do this, as it is apparently deemed legal on this platform.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.