Banned From PayPal for Getting Scammed

I sold a customer rims on eBay. He had a new account. After buying the rims he deactivated his eBay and then filed a claim that they weren't as described with PayPal he claimed he had no choice but to install them because that's the only way his vehicle would work, he was trying to keep my item initially by saying "Due to his situation he's asking for a full refund", he was denied because he said he installed the rims on his vehicle. Here's the kicker: He charged back with his card company and kept my rims. PayPal pretended like they were disputing the charge with his financial institution, and then banned me from PayPal. I received a call that I didn't pick up and was told they were emailing me their response. And all that was in my email was telling me I couldn't use PayPal anymore. I called to see why, then the guy on the phone was telling me my balance was negative (well of course, I'm not paying $400 that the buyer should owe due to him charging back, I followed the rules, he didn't), then he came up with this reason: He claimed I had two paypal accounts, then I told him there's only one account with my SSN on it. He wouldn't even tell what account it was, but then I remembered my brother had an account, and that account went negative because he was selling digital items and a large number of people would buy the item, wait for a bit and then chargeback (the typical digital item scam on eBay, that PayPal personally endorses along with many other scams) . Then I told him to check the name and SSN on it, and told him it wouldn't match. Then he claimed there's other information that links accounts (then what's the point of SSN?). And he doesn't find it believable that my brother and I can't live in the same house. In any case, this should have nothing to do with what happened on MY account. And the fact of the matter is, they couldn't do a thing but let a thief steal, and they came up with something that happened probably 5 years ago while I'm trying to resolve fraud on their platform, and I get banned. If I had the resources and time, I would file a police report against the buyer (which I'm doing soon), and a lawsuit against PayPal, there's a LARGE number of cases like this that can be found online. And their site hasn't changed at all. The seller is still a victim, and the buyer pretends to be one.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.