Anyone heard of Gabalda?

Poppykiote
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered something from this company when I googled an item I wanted and it popped up.  But, after I ordered through paypal, I wasn't referred back to the company and the email address associated with that order and company came back to me as not a real email.  I think it must be a scam company; but, Paypal said to wait and see if i get the item.  But, I'm still uncomfortable knowing that this is probably a scam of some sort. Otherwise, they would have some way of getting in touch with them. Right?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Bitbytr
Contributor
Contributor

Beware! PayPal is used by myriad scam sites – once bitten twice shy here. PayPal are also atrocious when trying to resolve issues like this: they wouldn't communicate directly with me ('phone) and I was sent from pillar to post before I was refunded >$100 from a scam site that PayPal does business with. 

(I kept my PayPal account "just in case", but refuse to use them anymore. Be warned!)

Login to Me Too

Greykissa
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal said it would not cover scam via its PayPal Money Pool.  Ended up submitting fraud claim with my credit card company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.