Anderson Innovative Marketing scam

SD73
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an "overstock" item from this website. 2 days after my transaction, I was charge an additional amount over my original purchase price. I attempted to contact them with no response (I was not surprised after seeing the email address in the transaction, which seemed questionable). I filed a dispute for the additional amount, but they subsequently added tracking information to the transaction, and this tracking information was false (I ordered a laptop, and after finding no information online with regard to the address or weight of the package with the tracking number, I requested info from USPS and received a call from my local Post Office confirming that the tracking number was for a 1 oz. item and it was not delivered to my part of town at all).

I now cannot do anything on my case because it was originally opened as an incorrect amount. I'm sure the PayPal account associated with the transaction will be closed soon, so I'm trying to act on this quickly.

What can I do here?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

SD73
Contributor
Contributor

Update: after getting the Post Office to confirm that the package for the provided tracking number did not go to me, nor was it the proper weight, I went through PayPal's frustrating phone system until I managed to get a human being.

She was very helpful, and although the Post Office would not give me the information, she was willing to call them herself and have them confirm that it was not sent to me, or the proper weight for my package.

She changed the dispute type and got it closed in my favor.

Moral of the story: if you deal with a scammer that knows how to game the automated dispute resolution system, call PayPal and get to a person. Hopefully that person will be willing to help you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.