Account limited for trying to send too much money

y-josh
Contributor
Contributor
My account has been limited because I tried to send £10,000 to my second PayPal account when I only meant to send £100. “need some information from you. You've tried to send a payment that was over the sending limits set by European law. To raise the limit, the law requires you to verify your identity. Provide your information.” I think I only had like £130 in my account and I don’t have overdraft on this card so it wouldn’t have gone through anyway. Now PayPal is asking me for all my details like my passport, address, and a bank statement because it thinks I want to spend £10000 which is “over the sending limits set by European law”. This was like 6 months ago and I never needed to use PayPal during that time. I paid the money onto my other card using a bank transfer and it was done. Please could someone tell me what to do to get this message away without giving PayPal all of my details. Would I have to cancel the £10,000 payment? Because that never went through and I can’t see it on my PayPal completed or PayPal pending section.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.