Account Limited Permanently - Potential Risk/Breach of User-end Agreement

CerberusDev
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have been a regular user of Paypal for a some time now, as a business/developer and also for personal usage, however...
I made a couple recent "takeaway" purchase's from Just Eats my last purchase was around the 10th of last month, prior to these purchases my account was rarely used except when I was developing stuff using their API/SDK; My issue now is being a Business and a Developer I require PayPal as a payment option as I have no other means of a payment option as I am not a BTC (Bitcoin) Savvy type of person nor do I agree with card/bank transfer payments.

I have not breached the user-end agreement like they stated, nor was I informed by PayPal that they was "reviewing my account".
My account has been permanently limited for "potential risk" yet I don't understand nor see how I would be a "risk" to the PayPal platform and/or it's consumer base.
I have contacted them using the "Message Centre" since they have removed their UK Phone Number, and regardless of that anyway, I know exactly how the call would go:

Me: My account is permanently limited, I would like to know the ACTUAL reason to why.
Them: Sorry sir, All we can tell you is you have breached the user-end agreement.
Me: That is a complete and utter poor excuse for a Payment-Gateway company to come back with.
Them: If you would like to make a formal complaint you can use our formal complaints page at blah blah blah
Me: Some use that's gonna be, I have done my research and I am not the only innocent one being targeted by this "so called automated system", there has been many people targeted by this system, majority of them have turned to question this system on your "PayPal Community Forums" yet still with no avail, It's been going on for years as it seems by the history of this "Limitation System".

If anyone else can actually shed some light on this matter and/or if they have experienced this issue please describe how you managed to solve it if you did do so...

Thanks,
CerberusDev

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CerberusDev 

Paypal don't ban you for no reason, what would be the point, they are trying to encourage us to open paypal accounts as that is how they make their money.

So you must have breached their user agreement or acceptable use policy in some way? But they don't give you a reason as it would be pointless anyway if they have already said they don't want your custom unfortunately anymore.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CerberusDev
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 
I, however disagree with you due to the fact, I have read from end to end on the User-End Agreement along with Privacy Policy and the Terms/Conditions;
There is zero chance in any shape or form of my account being violation of any of either UEA, PP or the T&C, I am not the only person whom has suffered this issue regarding JUSTEATS & Paypal over the Pandemic Period, A few of my friends and work colleagues have also suffered the same consequences whilst using JUSTEAT & Paypal as a payment gateway, therefore it is highly unlikely that your comment has any validation towards the issue at hand.   

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CerberusDev 

Feel free to disagree if you want to.

I'm sure paypal are looking to ban as many users as they can to put themselves out of business, so thanks for your comment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.