Accidentally requested refunds

Cymorn
Contributor
Contributor

Hey all,

A family member pointed out odd transactions on my bank account, and I let them talk me into a state of mild panic where I started requesting refunds for several payments I did not recognize. Turns out they just PayPal's latest direct debits. 
I tried getting in touch with PayPal's customer support, but no luck so far. Now I'm worried that I'm gonna have to pay for a bunch of administrative costs as they get in touch with the recipients of the money for no reason. Is there any ways I can let PayPal know that the refund requests were a mistake?

Kind regards,
Cymorn

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cymorn 

Meanwhile your poor sellers are probably having any funds held in their paypal balance until the 'dispute' is sorted out and even if closed they would still have to wait 21 days for any funds in their balance due to your dispute.

And all you are worried about are possible admin costs to you???

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cymorn 

Meanwhile your poor sellers are probably having any funds held in their paypal balance until the 'dispute' is sorted out and even if closed they would still have to wait 21 days for any funds in their balance due to your dispute.

And all you are worried about are possible admin costs to you???

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cymorn
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

I know very little about the actual functionality of PayPal, I'm afraid. My naive hope was that I could get in touch with PayPal before the refunds actually went through, in which case I wouldn't have made any trouble for the sellers in question. I found my way to live chat before, but couldn't get through to an actual person. However, I've sent a message via Facebook now. 

Thank you for your reply and your patience with my ignorance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.